Stem Cell injections at Sports Medicine Northwest are a cut above the rest. It is no longer necessary to travel to Europe or Panama for alternatives to surgery and pain killers for degenerated joints and ligaments. The best materials and professionals available in the industry are now available for our patients here in West Seattle.
Regenerative Medicine is the the use of platelet rich plasmas and stem cells to change healing in ways previously not possible. It is the future of medicine.
You need to know THREE THINGS about regenerative medicine:
- If you are considering stem cell and regenerative therapies, SMNW is the best location for these services
- If you do not know if regenerative medicine is right for you, come to a free lecture and discussion on the topic and see if it is right for you. It will be a great opportunity to see the new facility.
- Regenerative Medicine involves safe procedures that get results never seen before in medicine.
We do things one way in this clinic; the best, or not at all. Our approach to regenerative medicine is no exception. We have launched the premier location to provide the strongest, safest, and most effective regenerative treatments in Seattle.
I don’t care who your alternative providers are. We are the best. If the Seattle Seahawks team doctor has a regenerative treatment, ours is superior. If Pete Carroll himself wants to treat your injury using Russell Wilson’s own stem cells, turn Pete down. Come to us. We have the best materials. We have the most experienced staff to deliver them.
Here’s how we did it:
- We hired the most experienced Regenerative Medicine practitioner in the city. She’s the best. “She says she’s in the top 4.” Very humble. For the past 4.5 years Michelle McEhlery has been the lead practitioner at one of Seattle’s top Regenerative Medicine clinics. With a change of ownership there, she felt that she could do more if she were turned loose from business minded protocols. We have turned her loose.
- We have partnered with the premier FDA approved laboratory in the United States. This is not the cheapest or easiest lab to use. It is the best. They provide third party verification of the viability of their cell lines. They are serious. So are we.
- Stem Cell therapy is effective but you will only realize the potential of the treatment in the proper context of rehab, and nutrition guidance. We provide that in our system as well.
Thank you for your time and hope to see you soon at Sports Medicine Northwest in the new West Seattle location!
Sports Medicine Northwest is the official sports medicine team of Ivan Salaverry MMA in South Lake Union Seattle. We work with the fiighters and competitors during their 8 week Fight Camp leading to their competition or event. The way we use chiropractic for brazilian jiu jitsu and mma competitors is unique in our field. After working with the MMA and BJJ communities for years, we are familiar with the patterns that develop in the fighting body. BJJ players are never flat on their back. They flex their spine to protect their necks, they keep their elbows tight the body to prevent giving up an underhook. The natural result fo this defensive position resembles a curled fetal position. (See picture of the guy in black below)
Our job as a staff is to correct any biomechanical imbalances that prevent our athlete from healing quickly and building durabilty. To create balance and maintain joint stability in the brazilian jiu jitsu athlete, the practitioner must know how to passively and actively work the athlete’s shoulders through horizontal abduction, the middle back through extension. We accomplish this with chiropractic adjustments but also through decompression tables, graston technique, sports massage and corrective exercises.
Clinical Neck Strength: The MMA Series
hosted by Dr. Skylar Pond at Ivan Salaverry MMA
I was recently exposed to the world of brazilian jiu jitsu and like many others before me, I’ve been bitten by that bug. To prepare for my latest appearance on Steve Austin’s Broken Skull Challenge, I turned to the expertise of the staff at ISMMA. Grappling put its hooks in me.
Long after the BSR episode came and went, I kept coming back to ISMMA for more. What began as a quick crash course in techniques to successfully throttle hillbillies in the desert on the Country Music Television network has turned into its own journey.
As is my habit, I jumped into Jiu Jitsu head first and have the opportunity to test prevailing rehab concepts first hand. Through that process I’ve developed an approach to strengthening the neck and spine specific for the MMA and Jiu Jitsu athlete.
Sunday February 25th at Ivan Salaverry MMA.
230 8TH AVE. N. SEATTLE, WA 98109
Provided for Ivan Salaverry MMA members. Contact for availability if not a member.
Building a simple homemade sandbag is straightforward stuff, but not the sort that you can throw in movements such as sandbag cleans pictured below.
To build the best sandbag for throwing as well as strength training, a few steps are in order.
Step 1- Assemble your materials:
- #50 sand tube from your local hardware store
- 1 Husky brand contractor garbage bag
- 2 Zip Ties
- 1 Roll of Duct Tape
- 1 Roll of Fiber Fix 10x Tape
- 1 Box Cutter
Turn the bag upside down and cut the bottom off of the bag. Pro Tip- Always cut off those corners lest your bag has ears like this:
Remove scoops or coffee cups of sand until you reach the desired weight.
Zip tie both ends of the bag and cut off excess bag material from above the tie.
Wrap it up:
- Begin with a single layer of coverage of the entire bag with the normal silver duct tape
- Roll the sand bag in the Husky Contractor Garbage Bag
- Apply a second layer of silver duct tape.
- This is all that is needed for a normal bag that you don’t plan to throw or drop
- For a sandbag that will hold up to throws, cleans, and drops, apply a layer of Fiber Fix 10x fiber tape.
- Top it off with a couple stripes of silver for style
This version of the Sandbag Squat can be used for strength work in a Greyskull LP fashion with one weight across a 5,5,5+ set. Also use it in a conditioning context by using this grip as a weighted carry 50 feet directly into a set of 10 Sandbag Goblet Squats and returning for a round. 5 rounds. Rest as needed between rounds.