Our massage staff is second to none. Shannon and Summer provide therapeutic treatments that improve movement patterns and resolve soft tissue restrictions. It doesn't always feel good to have the work done but it feels great to feel the benefits of some of the best in the industry
Orthopedic and Sports Massage
Shannon Kenney, Ortho L.M.P.
- 10 years of treatment experience
- Has a certification in the specialty of Orthopedic Massage, the treatment of whiplash, car accident, and auto injury.
- Shannon Kenney has been a Massage Therapist since 2007 when she graduated from Ashmead College in Portland, OR with her initial certification and license. While at Ashmead, she also studied Spa Specialties and became a Certified Aromatherapist all while graduating with honors. Shortly after college, Shannon moved back to her home town of Sequim, WA where she started her career in clinical massage and obtained her specialty in head and neck trauma with special focus to whiplash and headache treatments. During this time she chose to further her education and went back to school for Advanced Certification in Orthopedic Massage which is a huge influence in her current practice. In 2012 Shannon moved to Seattle and started working at Sports Medicine Northwest in hopes of furthering her experience in rehabilitative massage and pursuing her passion of working with athletes.Shannon uses a combination of Swedish, Deep Tissue and Orthopedic Massage as well as a variety of other soft tissue therapy techniques to treat her clients complaints. She also is experienced in Sports Massage, Pre-Natal Massage, Manual Lymph Drainage and Myofascial Release therapies.When not in the immediate vicinity of a massage table, Shannon spends a good deal of her time with friends and family. She is also a huge Zumba fanatic and has been known to indulge in the arts...mainly drawing, painting and sculpture.
Summer Moon, L.M.P.
Summer is a self-proclaimed anatomy nerd and has been practicing for almost a decade. She was trained at Cortiva Seattle and also spent some time teaching there, Muscles Anatomy and Kinesiology level one and level two.
She is highly trained and experienced with:
- Orthopedic Assessment
- Structural bodywork (similar to Rolfing)
- Scar Tissue Release & Mobilization
- Injury Treatment
- Neurofascial/Myofascial Release
- Whiplash / Neck Pain
- Frozen Shoulder- Shoulder
- Back Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Chronic Pain Management
- 13 Point Posture Assessment to narrow in on the origin of pain/musculoskeletal issues.
- Creator of the S.M.A.R.T. Deep Tissue Approach (Strategic Myofascial Activation, Release & Traction)
- Lomi Lomi Hawaiian Style of Massage to blend therapeutic techniques for a relaxing yet effective session
The work I do, I feel the whole body is my specialty because everything is connected. My work is a multi-faceted approach, focused on fascial tension and posture. This is executed by strategically applying gentle traction and compression to specific areas of the body as an initial assessment each session. It connects with certain nerves to cultivate homeostatic balance within the nervous system by decreasing the stress response, and thus passively releasing muscle tension. This allows me to create longer lasting results, less pain in the session, increased circulation/lymphatic flow, and faster recovery. I then follow this technique with deep tissue modalities I feel are needed for further release and help integrate the fascial changes.