Brandi Higbee, LMP AKA "Summer"
Summer is a self-proclaimed anatomy nerd and has been practicing for almost a decade. She was trained at Cortiva Seattle and also spent some time teaching there, Muscles Anatomy and Kinesiology level one and level two.
She is highly trained and experienced with:
- Orthopedic Assessment
- Structural bodywork (similar to Rolfing)
- Scar Tissue Release & Mobilization
- Injury Treatment
- Neurofascial/Myofascial Release
- Whiplash / Neck Pain
- Frozen Shoulder- Shoulder
- Back Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Chronic Pain Management
- 13 Point Posture Assessment to narrow in on the origin of pain/musculoskeletal issues.
- Creator of the S.M.A.R.T. Deep Tissue Approach (Strategic Myofascial Activation, Release & Traction)
- Lomi Lomi Hawaiian Style of Massage to blend therapeutic techniques for a relaxing yet effective session
The work I do, I feel the whole body is my specialty because everything is connected. My work is a multi-faceted approach, focused on fascial tension and posture. This is executed by strategically applying gentle traction and compression to specific areas of the body as an initial assessment each session. It connects with certain nerves to cultivate homeostatic balance within the nervous system by decreasing the stress response, and thus passively releasing muscle tension. This allows me to create longer lasting results, less pain in the session, increased circulation/lymphatic flow, and faster recovery. I then follow this technique with deep tissue modalities I feel are needed for further release and help integrate the fascial changes.